Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Project 1 - Mother and child book case

Sheet Material - aluminium



Target market: female from 25-35, who has an independent life. She is lively, happy, feminine loves decor. Products in her house are simple, stylish and elegant.

Idea1: My very first idea is an "LK" bookman - bookcase I choose these letters because simply its my favourite letter , as when i redraw it , it gives me the shape of a book man .
Comment from tutor: yes it is funtional but it completely looks so childish and doesnt fit to my target market, who looks for simply elegance products



Idea2: I try to look for something that connected to my target market , who is female. The female body curve is captured as the main shape for this new idea. However, at the same time , I also consider that it is quite hard to make, specially made of a tough material like aluminium.
Comment from tutor: Showing the connection to target market is good but no need to be so litteral , it can be abstractive. This idea to too complicated to make with aluminium and also it doesnt show any elegance at all. I need to simplify my idea





Idea3: i remember about the sculptures of mother and child that i have seen long ago. I think about the relationship beween a mother and her child . It is a beautiful relationship and also clearly shows the connection to the world of female. I simplify the idea from those culptures.
Comment: my tutor said it is a really good form and she liked it . Yes i made it - simplicity in design .

I was inspired by this sculpture

here is one of a simple bookcase that i have researched

No comments:

Post a Comment