Monday, August 30, 2010

Design Confusion


This is my new Samsung Jet Phone. I found it very confused for the first time used. Simply , i think the designer wants to make the display and control more fasionable ... but i dont think so . I found it is abit hard to use cos the way we suppose to do something in the phone is different to other normal phone. To me, it is completely so strange.
The example i put in this poster was my experience with the phone when i first bought. I took me a whole night to figure out how to close the window of calendar. ( godddd!!! And actually i couldnt figure it out till the other morning n asked other friend who is already familiar to samsung touch phone...) Normally , if we wanna close something, we often look for "X" ( like computer or touch phone) or a "quit" or even we press the menu button, so then we get back to the main background. Yes those are all the way we do NORMALLY . This one, it is Dragging the calender back to its own place. Dragging is not the new thing ever, but who knows that we suppose to do it .
So then i just wonder why the designer for this phone what to do like that ... it is way so strange n complicated ... he can design for both function dragging n "x" but it is still fine ... sign , this makes me feel like i am really bad at tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment