Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Design Career

“Bro, I’m wondering about my future? What kind of job should I get? Come on; please no Business or Eco like you and parents.
Do what you are good at! You like Painting and Building model, dont you?
Yeah, but ... what’s job for that?
Designer...”

I remember so clear that conversation about future career with my Big brother when I was young. That was also my first time of having a thought about the word “Designer”. Then, from the little task in primary which asked to build table and chair out of matches box to doing creative sculptures and paintings in high school were unforgettable to me. Yeah, I always got prizes or awards at the end, thus it stimulates me to love Arts and Design more.

Home is the sweetest place in this world where I receive loads of love from the family. I treasure that luck and happiness and really from my heart, I want to share it to everyone. Therefore, Interior Design and Industrial Design are my choices out of the design job’s list. I think building and decorating a beautiful house is like you bring a wish of happiness to people who living in there. I want more people to have a comfortable and cosy house. I want them to feel the way I’m feeling, “homes” is warm and no sadness.

However, through the HSC exam, I just only got offers for Industrial design instead of my first wish interior design. So, finally I decide to have a try of it, who knows it would fit me anyway. Both universities like USYD, UNSW and UTS have their own reputation in Product and Industrial Design course; however I chose UNSW because this is where goes strong about furniture practices as some of my friends recommended. The teachers in the course are also good and also try to help students.

So far, I like and enjoy this course a lot because through what I have learned, I think of my future career more flexible. A real house is not only beautiful by the interior decoration but also by objects in there. A little spoon, a vase or a dining table all have their own meaningful values which contribute to the beauty of a house.

After graduating, I wish to have chance for travelling around so I can learn more about different aspects of design. Then working as a furniture designer who creates something special which brings the happiness to owner as every time they look or use it. I hope my products also to have high quality and cultural meaning because I always wish my Vietnamese people turning back and using traditional products instead of things from Europe or USA. That is my plan for the future and I will try my best to achieve it.

2 comments:

  1. It is nice to see you are enjoying the course you are doing now, and it is nice that you want to explore more about design, sometimes you might not always get what you want in life. Just like you want to do interior design, but now you are doing industrial design, and you are liking it, so it is about experiencing, I hope you can sucess in future with what you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seemed to be unsure about your career path, however you stuck with your strong features and it has landed you with a design course. You obviously have a large interest in design saying that your other preferences were creatively orientated. I believe it is a course that can take you around the world and you will learn to enjoy different aspects of objects that you would otherwise take for granted.

    ReplyDelete