Sunday, August 8, 2010

Design Exellence: Linna ARMCHAIR




Linna armchair is a very simple but attractive chair. By looking at its appearance, you are reminded of Classical Design where people found interested in order, balance and harmony. The chair revisits this theme by creating a shape of geometrical symmetry. Furthermore, there is also very fine arms and legs chair, therefore achieving a high balance in design.

Even reflecting the beauty of classical design, its features are still showing modernity. Again, the design of special fine arms and legs chair makes it flowing and lighter than others armchair. The considered scale, height and proportion bring a feeling of comfort and relaxed to client. Moreover, I like the use of original material, wood, instead of many modern ones. Wood gives you a feeling of friendly environment. The brown of wood is warming you up and makes your head and body relaxed. Also the texture shows you endless of time.

Therefore, gather of these details in one – impressed geometrical shape, new form of armchair, right scale and proportion, and also good use of natural material and textured- Linna armchair becomes special and unforgettable.

In the poster, I use a smoking background with 3 main colours: green, brown and blue. Green and brown are to depict the natural beauty of the chair. Blue is like a new revolution where the chair showed its modernity.Moreover, the smoke is to express the feeling of being back to history, to classic design period. Then,I put the chair at right corner of the poster, thus to engage viewer easier. Next to the chair, there are some descriptions about what and how the chair is in general. At the top, I capture some enlarge views and try to make clear about what I think of visual design element in this product.
After all, I just wanna share that I don’t like this chair at first because it is too simple and boring to me. But as long as I get along with it, discover it; learn it, now I like it so much. I like its simpleness and its use of geometrical shape. Yes, I agree that it is a good design.

No comments:

Post a Comment