Sunday, August 1, 2010

Shape of a Scent






When I smell it, I don’t like it at first because it is quite strong as like a perfume for old woman or man. But then the smell becomes softer and softer till I just can’t leave my nose off the perfume. We both agree that it is floral and airy. Taylor Swift, an American country song singer, is one of the people who would use this kind of smell. Why? Its simple, single scent reminds us about a wild country girl, who is strong, stylish and also sometimes sweet and gently.
The scent spins me around as sometimes I feel it so strong later I feel it so soft and sweet. It is just so a special smell. Thus I think the shape of the bottle must be somehow a circle. But finally I decide to make a petal of a flower to clarify its smell of floral nature. The curvy of the petal is to show the flow of this perfume. I decide the petal to have 3 sections. Two outer sections have textures on it and the left section is blanked. It just simply means characteristics of a girl. The texture part is to express the strength or independence of a young girl. The blank part is to say that this girl is sometimes very weak, gently and fragile. The texture is in the shape of water cube, because it captures the freshness the smell.
My tutor comments that the design is alright because I have tried successfully to capture and express the characteristics of the scent through the abstract shape and texture. However, the bottle looks quite heavy at the bottom which is not fitted for its image of a petal. Besides, he also reminds me that it is not necessary to keep repeating something for expressing its meanings. ... But overall, it is kinda good.
Finally, I was told that is Estee Lauder beyond Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment